Governor Brian P. Kemp recently announced that he has dedicated more than $1 billion to the Department of Human Services to provide cash assistance of up to $350 for active enrollees of Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids®, SNAP, and/or TANF. Georgians who are enrolled in more than one of these programs will only receive one cash assistance payment.
- Who is eligible to receive the cash assistance payment? Eligible recipients include Georgians who were enrolled and actively receiving Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids®, SNAP, and/or TANF benefits on July 31, 2022.
- Do you have to apply to receive the cash assistance payment? No, you do not have to apply for this one-time cash assistance payment. Eligible Georgians will have information regarding the status of members in the household posted in their “Check My Benefits – Case Selection” screen of their Gateway account beginning September 19, 2022. You will see your client ID number on the left side of your screen. Save this number and do not share it with anyone; you will need it to claim your virtual payment.
- How will DHS communicate with me? DHS will be communicating with eligible Georgians through the Georgia Gateway portal. All potentially eligible Georgians should log in to their Georgia Gateway accounts and ensure their personal information and contact preferences are up to date. If you do not have your account linked and a customer portal login created, the instructions linked here can help guide you through the process: Customer Portal Steps and Mobility Steps. Emails about the cash assistance payment will come from email@example.com. To ensure timely receipt of email communications from DHS, please add this email address as a "safe sender" or "mark as not spam" in your email account.
- When will I receive the cash assistance payment? Eligible Georgians will receive the cash assistance payment beginning in mid-September. For the quickest payment delivery, select “email” as your contact preference in Georgia Gateway and provide the best email address to contact you. Cash assistance payments are slated to go out to eligible Georgians who have "email" as their contact preference beginning the week of September 19, 2022, and eligible Georgians who have "email and U.S. mail" as their contact preference beginning the week of September 26, 2022. Eligible Georgians with a "U.S. mail" contact preference will receive their payment at a later date. Check this FAQ page for updates.
- How will I receive the cash payment? Will it go on my SNAP/TANF benefit card? No, these cash assistance payments will be provided to eligible Georgians outside of current benefit payment cards. Virtual payments will be issued to eligible Georgians who have their contact preference set to "email" or "email and U.S. mail" in Georgia Gateway. Instructions on how to redeem the virtual payment will be included in email communication when the payment is issued. Plastic cards will be mailed to eligible Georgians who do not have their email address listed in Gateway. Note: Paper checks will NOT be issued.
For more information, click here.