City of Hawkinsville's Sara Myers recently presented the Community Banking Month Proclamation to Planters First Bank and SunMark Bank on behalf of the City's Commissioners declaring April as Community Banking Month for the City of Hawkinsville. #CommunityBankingMonth #HawkinsvilleGA #pfbcares #banklocal
Why Does Where You Bank Matters?
- The money you put into a community bank stays in your community.
- You get extra personalized, human, support along with the tech you expect.
- Community banks recognize the people behind the community.
- When things get tough, community banks don't leave their community behind - they step up.
- Community banks support small businesses and are well-established small businesses too.
- Over 75% of U.S. adults agree that locally based lending decisions are important when determining where to bank.*
- 69% of U.S. adults recognize the importance of banking with a locally based financial institution.*
- 70% of U.S. adults cite the importance of personal banking relationships in choosing where to bank.*
*Reference: Morning Consult / ICBA Polling - April 2022
Gov. Kemp Declares April 2023 as Community Banking Month – Proclamation
What does “relationship banking” actually mean? While banking is often seen as a transactional engagement, building a relationship with your local bankers can actually help you down the road. When you need a loan, are buying a house, or starting a business, community bankers know you and your unique circumstances beyond just numbers and can be there for you. Go local to feel local and see the payback over time.
Are credit unions the same as community banks? No. Unlike community banks, credit unions are owned by their members and may do business with members only. They generally don’t pay income taxes or provide the same level of tax support to their local, state, and federal economies. Community bank deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), while credit union deposits are called “share drafts” and are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF).