Planters First Bank and other area banks have received reports of fraudulent text messages targeting bank customers. Fraudsters are sending text messages that state that a customer's debit card has been locked and that the customer should call a phone number within the message to unlock their card.
This is a scam and you should not call the number or provide any of your account or card information over the phone.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
To report a lost or stolen card, call us at 833-732-8351.
After regular business hours, please contact 1-800-290-7893.
If you believe that your account(s) have been compromised,
please call 833-732-8351 immediately or Click here to contact us through our website.
Fraud Text Alerts for Planters First Bank Debit Cards
Planters First Bank adds another layer of security to your Debit Cards with Fraud Text Alerts, a simple two-way text communication that will help identify and stop fraud more quickly.
How it works:
- When a suspicious transaction is identified on your Planters First Debit Card, you will receive a text message.
- You should then respond to the text with either a yes or no depending on whether you authorized the transaction in question.
It is that simple! All card-related transactions are included in the Fraud Text Alert program as an enhancement to our existing fraud prevention procedures. Text messages sent from Planters First Bank will come from shortcode 96923. Phone calls will originate from 1-800-237-8990. Please add this phone number and the shortcode to your contacts and label it “Planters Fraud Center” (or something similar), that way you will know the call or text is valid. When fraud is confirmed via text or email, it will ask you to call back the following number: 855-293-2456.
Still, concerned about security? Your Planters First Bank Debit Card Comes with an On/Off Switch! Click here to learn more.
Ensure Planters First Bank has your most recent mobile phone number to take advantage of these text alerts.
For Planters First Bank Debit Cardholders, you may update your contact information online by simply following the steps below:
- Log in to Online Banking
- Select “Support” from Main Menu
- Click on "Start a Conversation" to update your mobile phone number and other contact information
At Planters First Bank, the privacy and security of your account is a top priority. If you have any questions or concerns about your card or your account, please contact our Solution Center at (833) 732-8351.
Banks Never Ask That
Your personal information is a valuable commodity. It’s not only the key to your financial identity, but also to your online identity. Knowing how to protect your information — and your identity — is a must in the 21st century.
- Banks will not ask customers to transfer or “reverse” funds between accounts in order to help prevent fraud.
- Banks will never send you a text or email that asks you to click a suspicious link.
- Banks will never call to verify your account number.
- If you think an email, text, or call might be a scam, play it safe. Just hang up and call the number on the back of your card or call the bank directly at a number you trust.
Click here for tips and tools on how to keep phishing criminals at bay!